Drawing on the combined heritage of legendary Soundcraft quality and the powerful and intuitive Vi Series digital live sound mixers, the Si Performer brings unparalleled mix power and performance to small format digital live sound mixers.
Sitting where a plethora of gear once was, the Si Performer delivers the equivalent of 448 rack units of DSP including sophisticated 4-band fully parametric EQ, full dynamics processing, a comprehensive range of output options, totally flexible routing and, as with all Soundcraft consoles, an unmatched range of options to fully integrate the Si Performer into an existing system or become the centre of a thriving new installation.
The Si Performer also takes mixing out of the dark with powerful digital audio mixing facilities married to a DMX 512 controller allowing for the first time the mixing console to also run the lighting rig! ‘Music & Lights; these have been partners in the entertainment and production industry since amplified sound met the electric light but until now even the simplest lighting setup would require a separate lighting controller console, road case and somewhere to put it; Soundcraft Si Performer changes everything. Empowering the console with a DMX interface, the Soundcraft Si Performer is able to utilize the power of motorised faders, Soundcraft FaderGlow™ and a console automation system to provide a flexible automated lighting controller ideal for schools, churches, touring theatre companies and conference productions.
The Si Performer 1 features 16 local recallable mic pre amps and 8 stereo inputs along with two ViSi Connect™ option card slots with an additional 128×96 input/output paths (one 64×64 expansion slot and another 64×32 expansion slot). Able to utilise Si series ViSi Connect™ option cards, the Si Performer gives a large range of additional digital I/O connectivity including the MultiDigital Card (Firewire/USB/ADAT), BSS Digital Audio Bus (BLU Link), Dante™, CAT5 or optical MADI, AVIOM™, CobraNet™ and others with a massive mix capacity of 64 mono inputs for a total of 80 inputs to mix. Each input channel has dedicated processing for high pass filter, input delay, gate, compressor and parametric EQ. Keeping you in control are 8 VCA busses, 8 mute groups, FaderGlow and colour backlit name displays on every channel so you are never lost.
All Si Performer consoles have busses and output processing to match the versatility of the inputs; the 14 aux/group mixes can be configured as 14 mono mixes or 8 mono plus 6 stereo mixes, whilst the matrix mixes can be mono or stereo as needed. The bus and matrix mixes are complemented with four mix busses dedicated to the internal Lexicon FX processors and left, right and centre busses with options for mixing left/right + mono/centre or left/centre/right (LCR). Each bus features a compressor, 4 band fully parametric EQ, graphic EQ and delay always available all of the time.
To complement the channel and bus processing all Si Performer consoles integrate four Stereo Lexicon FX processors based on the MX400 providing a wealth of sounds, user adjustable parameters and dedicated tap-tempo keys. As the FX are hardware based use of all the effects even on the most demanding programmes do not affect the processing in any way and all dynamics, PEQ and all bands of all 31 graphic EQs are available all of the time.
Flexible onboard and expansion I/O options ensure the Si Performer integrates effortlessly with other system components; along with the 16 mic inputs there are eight analogue line inputs, AES in and out, 16 analogue line outputs, headphone monitor out, a 64×64 channel expansion slot and another 64×32 expansion slot each capable of utilising any of the Si series option cards including CAT5 or optical MADI. The MADI card, as well as being an interface to multi-track recording systems or plug-in systems like Waves, enables linking the Si Performer to any of the Soundcraft or Studer stageboxes to extend the I/O power and flexibility; but all this power is nothing without control and here the Si Performer excels with a comprehensive but ‘simple to use’ control surface.
As you would expect from any Soundcraft digital mixer the facilities are extensive and include legendary audio quality courtesy of latest generation EMMA™ DSP processors, the same DSP platform that has helped propel the Si and Si Compact series to industry standard status; this power united with reliability and flexibility puts the Si Performer in a class of its own.
Si Performer 1 Highlights
• Massive mix capacity – 80 inputs to mix in a small format live sound digital mixer
• 2 ViSi Connect™ option card slots with 128×96 input/output paths for expanded digital I/O including the MultiDigital Card (Firewire/USB/ADAT), BSS Digital Audio Bus (BLU Link), Dante™, CAT5 or optical MADI, AVIOM™, CobraNet™ and others.
• Assignable Fader Layers – Customise each of the four fader layer pages to meet your needs or add/insert faders to accommodate that additional mic that was not in the patch list!
• 1 Control = 1 Function – With each control dedicated to a given function there is never any ‘layering’ of controls or navigating through screens; this allows the Si Performer controls to be labeled on the surface just as they would have been on an analogue mixer.
• TOTEM™ – The One Touch Easy Mix; press a single key to mix to an AUX, FX or Matrix bus, the surface and monitoring instantly reconfigure to allow instant mixing to your chosen bus on the faders.
• Soundcraft FaderGlow™ – Illuminates the fader slots according to function with clearly defined colours for FX, Stereo, Linked Mono, GEQ, POST Fade Aux, PRE Fade Aux; you’ll never be lost again!
• DMX interface – control sound and light from the same device.
• BSS® GEQ – With a BSS GEQ on every bus there is never any need to assign from a pool of resources and you will never ‘run out’ of processing.
• Security Lockout – Lock the whole console or just selected elements, manage the security with the users and profile settings.
• Personal Monitoring Interface – When used with the Si BLU link option card, the Si Performer is a perfect partner to the dbx PMC16 Personal Monitoring System , using simple Cat5 cabling for easy setup.
• D.O.G.S. (Direct Out Gain Stabiliser) – Prevents manual change of a mic gain control affecting direct out levels, perfect when 2 consoles share a stagebox or when recording the channel direct outputs.
• Global Mode Controls – A row of rotary controls above each fader assignable at the touch of a button to be GAIN, PAN or HPF for all of the inputs allowing instant access to the core functions.
• Copy & Paste – Copy whole channels, busses, mixes, Lexicon™ effects, a single part such as the EQ or multiple parts like the channel gate and compressor.
• Instant Access Keys – Dedicated keys on the front panel for STORE, RECALL, NEXT, MUTE 1-8, TAP TEMPO and more negate the need to dive into screen & context menus.
• Function Focus – Whenever a control is moved or SELect key pressed the screen displays information about the channel identifying the absolute value of the controls and the channel name, number etc.
• 16 mono mic inputs
• 8 line inputs
• 80 channels to mix
• 2 ViSi Connect™ option card slots for 128 x 96 input/output paths
• Pre/Post selection per input per bus
• Freely assignable faders and patching
• Soundcraft FaderGlow™
• Colour backlit LCD screens per fader
• GEQ on every bus
• 20 sub-group / aux busses
• 4 FX busses
• 8 Matrix busses
• LRC Mix busses
• LCR panning
• 4 Stereo Lexicon Effects engines
• Delay on inputs and outputs
• 8 Mute Groups
• 8 VCA Groups
• AES in and out
• DMX interface and control -control sound and light simultaneously
• Freely assignable insert loops
• Harman HiQnet integration
• Colour touch screen interface
• Comes with removable side cheeks
Sophisticated audio control from a single rackmount surface
• 16 recallable GB mic inputs with locking connectors and phantom power indicators
• 16 XLR analogue line outputs
• Single universe 5-pin DMX output
• AES In and out
• Word Clock
• MIDI In and Out
• HiQnet Ethernet port for HiQnet system integration and ViSi Remote System
• 2 ViSi Connect expansion slots offering a total of 128 input and 96 output paths
• 8 LED Input Meter
• 48v Phantom power switch
• Polarity reverse switch
• Input Gain/Trim Adjustment
• Variable High Pass Filter
• HPF engage switch
• Channel delay for time alignment on input and output bus, displayed as time or distance
• Variable time delay per channel or Bus (0-500ms)
• Pan control
• LCR pan indicator
• LR switch for assigning/unassigning channels and busses to the L/R output
• Mono switch for routing to mono output (centre speaker, sub bass channel, etc.)
• Dedicated encoders for Attack, Release, Depth, Threshold and Sidechain Filters
• Gate open, hold and close status LED indicators
• Gate engage switch Compression
• Dedicated encoders for Attack, Release, Gain, threshold and Ratio controls
• Compressor on every bus
• 5 Segment LED gain reduction indicator
• Compressor engage switch
4 Band Parametric EQ
• 4 Fully parametric EQ bands with switchable Bell/Shelf LF and HF filters
• Legendary British EQ characteristics
• EQ engage switch
Lexicon Effects Section
• 4 integral Lexicon stereo effects engines
• 29 effect presets per engine with hall, plate and room reverbs, plus delays, modulations and pitch
• Up to 12 parameters for each preset accessed by touchscreen dialogue and 4 surface encoders
• Dedicated Tap tempo switches
The One Touch Easy Mixing Keys
• Dedicated tOTEM Keys for all 14 mix busses, 4 Matrix busses and 4 FX engines
• Mix to any of the mix busses by simply tapping a tOTEM key and pushing up the faders
• FaderGlow™ for visual colour feedback on what the faders are currently mixing: Yellow- Pre-fader Bus, Green- Post-Fader Bus, Blue-FX bus, Orange- Matrices
Global Mode Encoders and Channel Meters
• Instant access to important settings such as input gain/trim, High pass filter settings and Pan controls – adjust these features globally
across all channels using dedicated global encoders
• LCD Channel Displays above each fader for channel naming combined with 4 segment LED Input meter, 3 segment LED Gain reduction meter and Gate closed indicator across all channels on the surface
Surface Controls & Global Metering
• FaderGlow™ illuminates the fader track for at-a-glance display of current fader function: White-Linked channels, Pink- Stereo Inputs, Red- Graphic EQ
• 8 VCAs and 8 Mute groups
• Snapshot control – 1000 cues can be stored and recalled from dedicated cue control buttons
• USB port for saving/loading shows and snapshots with USB memory sticks
• Colour touchscreen for patching, routing, show set-up and security settings
• 8 LED input and output meters (monitor L/R, master L/R, mono)
• Headphone output
• 12V lamp connector
The Si Performer Series
3 frame sizes are available in the Si Performer range:
Si Performer 1 with 16 mic and 8 line inputs
Si Performer 2 with 24 mic and 8 line inputs
Si Performer 3 with 32 mic and 8 line inputs
The ViSi Remote iPad® app allows remote control of key mixer functions from anywhere in the venue.